Investment Guides 

Managing your cash

A typical drawdown portfolio would be around 60 per cent invested in equities with the remaining 40 per cent in bonds, gilts and some cash to cover income withdrawals, although this will vary depending on the investor's risk appetite. Remember that if you are drawing an income from your plan you will need to have cash available to withdraw, otherwise you will be forced to sell investments to provide your income when it may not be the right time to sell.

To continue reading, register today

to enjoy limited access to the following:

  • Daily trading news
  • Funds coverage
  • Features on big investment themes
  • Comprehensive companies coverage
  • Economic analysis
Register
Subscribe to Investors Chronicle

Related topics

Subscribe today

Full access for just £3.37 a week:

• Tips and recommendations - to beat the market 
• Portfolio clinic & Mr Bearbull - build a well-planned portfolio 
• Expert tools - track and manage investments effortlessly
• Plus free delivery to your home or office

Subscribe Now