Our new free guides section has now launched online, with the first 10 in the series available to read. We've launched with just a small selection of what we're building into a complete reference library and we'll be adding new ones on a regular basis so keep an eye out for the latest additions.
Our plan is to provide readers with essential information on every aspect of investing, whether that's picking a junior Isa for a child, choosing high yield shares, investing in emerging market funds, building a portfolio from scratch or buying bonds. Our writers will be sharing their expertise, and the knowledge they've acquired from thousands of hours spent talking to analysts, company executives and fund managers, and our aim is to make the content useful to beginners and to experienced investors alike.
Each guide will explain how the particular investment type or asset class works and what the benefits and risks are. We'll identify the pitfalls to avoid, along with tips on how to maximise your profits.
This first batch of 10, which join our existing Golden Rules of Investing series, includes the following:
* Investing for children - we look in detail at why you should invest for children, how to find the money, the tax implications and how the options compare.
* Investing in bonds - we explain how to build a bond portfolio and outline what the risks are and what to look for in the prospectus.
* Investing in shares for income - how to choose reliable high yielders in the UK and from overseas, and what to check before you invest
* Investing in ETFs - the best things about these passive funds, what to watch out for and what different types of ETFs offer
* Investing in property - how to invest successfully in buy to let, high street shops, property funds and companies
plus Investment trusts; Investing in Smaller Companies; Getting Started in Investing, Successful stockpicking and Annuities.
Among the guides we'll be launching soon are: Fund supermarkets; Self select Isas, Corporate bond funds; an Introduction to Trading and charting, Alternative investments; Saving Tax; How to do Drawdown; Junior Isas, Setting up and managing trusts; Investing in unit trusts; Tracker funds and Investing in emerging markets.