The care conundrum

The care conundrum

Long-term care fees are the Mount Everest of all bills. Everything else pales in comparison. Yes, school and university fees are high, but you might only pay them for three years or they can be avoided entirely. Saving for a pension isn’t cheap, but it is eased by generous tax reliefs, while your money, and more, is returned to you at the end of your working life. Care home bills, on the other hand, can eat up £50,000 a year for an indefinite period, rising relentlessly. There is no return on your investment, and no tax relief.

To continue reading, subscribe today

and enjoy unlimited access to the following:

  • Tips of the Week
  • Funds coverage
  • Weekly features on big investment themes
  • Trading ideas
  • Comprehensive companies coverage
  • Economic analysis
Subscribe to Investors Chronicle

Subscribe today

Full access for just £3.37 a week:

• Tips and recommendations - to beat the market 
• Portfolio clinic & Mr Bearbull - build a well-planned portfolio 
• Expert tools - track and manage investments effortlessly
• Plus free delivery to your home or office

Subscribe Now