- 10 new trusts showing strong recent performance and signs of value
- UK and India are key themes
- July’s trusts have delivered a 12 per cent total return vs 3.7 per cent from the MSCI World index
- September’s trusts have returned 7.4 per cent versus 2.1 per cent.
- Over the last 16 years and three months, the strategy used by this report has delivered a 693 per cent total return versus 490 per cent from the MSCI World index.
This is the third Alpha investment trust report. This report attempts to identify attractive investment ideas based on trusts showing a virtuous combination of strong recent performance and attractive valuation.
While it is still very early days in the life of this regular report, the trusts highlighted by the first two Alpha reports have been doing well. All 20 of the trusts have so far produced a better total return than the FTSE All Share and 17 have out done the MSCI World index. Overall, the ten trusts highlighted in July’s report have delivered a 12 per cent total return over the last three months compared with a negative 4.2 per cent from the FTSE All Share and 3.7 per cent from the MSCI World index. Meanwhile the ten trusts from September have returned 7.4 per cent in a month compared with negative 2.2 per cent from the FTSE All Share and a positive 2.1 per cent from the MSCI World index.